Atelier of Taste
-~- ATELIER OF TASTE -~-
Recognizing the importance to introduce a wide variety of healthy foods and flavors to children at an early age, we developed The Atelier of Taste to be part of our preschool curriculum here at Branches. The children meet once a week in our kitchen or in the outdoor atelier to explore and experience the many different possibilities of healthy organic food, much of which is grown in our own garden.
We explore the language of food in depth via the following:
- What are slow foods?
- What are the techniques and tools of tasting?
- How does the exploration of food extend and deepen children’s poetic language?
- How is food integrated in other areas of preschool curriculum?
- How are different flavor combinations introduced to the children?
- How are herbs and spices introduced to the children?
- What is the current research on children and healthy eating?
- How does our local community support the children’s connection to food?
- What role do parents play in creating community through community lunches?
We also offer The Atelier of Taste as a day long workshop for parents and educators twice throughout the school year.