Parent / Toddler Program
-~- PARENT / TODDLER PROGRAM -~-
Currently we offer parent toddler classes on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons as well as Friday mornings and Friday afternoons . The age range for theses classes is 18months to 36 months old. The program consists of both indoor and outdoor explorations, snack, and circle time for the children. While three teachers engage with the children , our parent educator facilitates a discussion about parenting and contemporary child development topics.
This program will offer the children the opportunity to:
- Experience a wide range of expressive media for example, clay, watercolors, tempera paints, light, shadow, collage and rhythm and movement with drums and percussion.
- Explore an environment that encourages investigation, curiosity, imagination and experimentation.
- Discover the wonder of the natural world though, sand, water, gardening and natural materials.
- Learn how to build relationships with other children through shared experiences and negotiated play
- Embark on a journey into self-discovery, wonder and creativity.
This program offers parents the opportunity to:
- Connect with other parents and discuss contemporary issues and views of toddlers in a caring and nurturing environment.
- Interact in a supportive and informative environment where parents can explore and enhance their parenting skills as they work along side their children.
- Observe as the children gain confidence in socializing and forming relationships with their peers.
- Gain insight into how a Reggio inspired program can enrich the experience of raising and nurturing a young child.